The holiday season in the Disney parks has been raved about as one of the most magical times to visit. Not being one to miss out on anything Disney, let alone anything “more magical”, we booked our first holiday visit to Disneyland.
Upon our arrival to the Disneyland Hotel, we were in awe of the massive gingerbread house. The spirit of the season surrounded us as a group of Dickens carolers filled the lobby with Christmas songs and the holiday decorations delighted our senses.
We enjoyed our first meal at Tangaroa Terrace and dined by the pool. It’s wonderful that Southern California weather allows for outdoor meals in December! The restaurant was beautifully decorated for Christmas with island touches throughout. The seashell candleholders were especially beautiful!
Downtown Disney is always buzzing with performers, concerts, shopping and dining. During the holidays, you can expect the same flurry of excitement throughout. We were thrilled to watch families skating on Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink. There were wonderful holiday treats and delicious hot chocolate for purchase as well. Of course, the shops were filled with every holiday decoration imaginable! There were stockings, tree skirts, ornaments, wreaths, snow globes and clothing. It is absolutely possible to decorate your entire home Disney-style.
The fun Christmas music will definitely put you in a festive mood and make you want to skip through Downtown Disney on your way to the parks. There is so much to see and do at Disneyland Park this time of year, including the Jingle Cruise, Jingle Jangle Jamboree, Haunted Mansion Holiday, lighting of it’s a small world, A Christmas Fantasy parade, Believe… In Holiday Magic fireworks, snow on Main Street and Sleeping Beauty Castle sparkling and glistening with icicles. (Click all of the links for videos!)
· Jingle Cruise – Full of jungle themed decor, clever puns and silly holiday jokes.
· Jingle Jangle Jamboree – Santa and Mrs. Claus host this special event at Big Thunder Mountain Ranch. You can visit with characters dressed in their holiday best, play games, decorate cookies and watch Billy Hill and the Holiday Hillbillies perform.
· Haunted Mansion Holiday – Jack Skellington and his friends have taken over and decorated the mansion for a “scary” Christmas.
· it’s a small world, holiday – Sing holiday carols with the children of the world!
· Christmas on Main Street – The evening festivities abound as you are serenaded by the Dapper Dans, enjoy the daily Lighting of the Christmas Tree and delight in the sparkling castle and Believe…
While in California Adventure Park, you will be awed by the World of Color-Winter Dreams, visit with Santa Claus himself and rejoice and dance to the music of Viva Navidad, Mad T Party Holiday Dance Party and Phineas & Ferb’s Holiday Dance Party. Molly the Messenger will deliver your letter right to Santa. There is also a nightly tree lighting ceremony and don’t forget about the handspun candy canes!
I definitely agree with the masses, Disney IS more magical during the Christmas season and I would love to help you create an amazing holiday vacation to the Disneyland Resort.
Be sure to fill out the Quote Request form to get started.
Concierge Agent with Wishes Family Travel, Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Agency
Enjoy the Wishes Family Travel Blog!